Atainz Accountants + Tax Agents Institute of New Zealand
Our Accounting Practice is proudly part of ATAINZ – The Accountants and Tax Agents Institute of New Zealand.
The Accountants and Tax Agents Institute of New Zealand (ATAINZ) exists to promote the welfare and professional development of its members and to represent members’ interests in New Zealand. It is unique in the New Zealand tax and accounting market because of its grassroots contact with members.
The following three organisations have received approved advisor group status to date:
- The Accountants and Tax Agents Institute of New Zealand
- The New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants
- CPA Australia
What is an approved advisor group?
An “approved advisor group” is defined in section 20B(5) as a group that includes natural persons who meet all of the following requirements. They:
- have a significant function of giving advice on the operation and effect of tax laws
- are subject to a professional code of conduct in giving that advice.
- are subject to a disciplinary process that enforces compliance with the code of conduct
The group must be approved by the Commissioner before a tax advisor who is subject to an approved advisor group’s code of conduct and disciplinary procedures can claim the right of non-disclosure on behalf of a taxpayer. The Commissioner will exercise his power of approval at a high level of delegated authority having regard to the statutory requirements and such other relevant considerations as may be applicable.